Laptop Reviews

You can find here latest Cheap Laptop Reviews,Laptop Reviews,Apple Laptop Reviews ,news of laptops from Toshiba, Sony, Dell, IBM, HP, Compaq. Also "how to buy laptop" tips and more.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Apple Powerbook G4

NoteBook Review, Reviews Apple G4 and says:
The Powerbook is Apple's desktop replacement notebook, but unlike most PC notebooks in this category, the Powerbook is not bulky, nor is it thick and heavy. In fact, the Powerbook is about as thin as mainstream notebooks get, and as light as I could imagine any laptop with this size screen. As far as configuration goes, I opted for the 15.2 inch widescreen version with a 1.67 GHz G4 processor, 512 megs of ram, a 64 mb ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 video card, and a super drive.

Reasons for Buying:

I was very apprehensive about buying the Powerbook because I had used PC's for my whole life. In fact, I was comfortable enough with PC's that I had become the sort-of neighborhood mechanic. When it came time to choose a computer for college, I had in the back of my mind the aesthetic appeal of the Apple line of computers and hoped that I could find a windows laptop with a similar look and feel. After what seemed like endless searching, I came upon the Asus W3v, which hadn't even begun to ship to the US yet. So, I put most of my eggs into one basket and decided upon the Asus. But, when they started shipping, I heard nasty things about palm rest heat that scared me away enough to go to my local Apple store and test-drive a Powerbook in the flesh. In a matter of minutes, I was sold.
Read More

Cnet writes:
The arrival of the 12-inch PowerBook G4 at the beginning of this year was big news. The Apple faithful finally got an ultraportable; in fact, the 12-inch PowerBook was (and still is) the smallest notebook ever to come out of Cupertino. But to pare it down to size, Apple cut a few corners from the original. This update retains everything we like about the design, but it addresses many feature shortcomings by adding a faster processor and graphics, room for more memory, and analog and DVI outputs. Bargain hunters will find that the just-announced 800MHz iBook offers similar portability and features (not to mention longer battery life) for $500 to $700 less, but pound for pound, no other Mac offers as much as the 12-inch PowerBook.
Read More

TheTechZone Writes:
*Singing* Just one look, that's all it took, ya just one look.... Ops! Sorry about that. Got carried away. Just one look is all you need to fall in love with Apple's new 17" PowerBook G4. This is like the supermodel of notebooks; you know, the one that everyone can't help but notice at a party. The PowerBook G4 is the kind of notebook that makes people’s jaws drop. Not just because of the sheer size of the 17" wide screen display but by the sheer beauty of its aluminum housing. One thing for sure, Apple knows the meaning of style. Before the PowerBook, I have never seen such a good looking notebook.
Read More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


eXTReMe Tracker